We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice is designed to give you information about the data we hold about you, how we use it, your rights in relation to it and the safeguards in place to protect it.
TCBC Service Area:
Adults and Communities
Gwent Regional Partnership Team
Privacy Notice Name:
Gwent Regional Partnership Board (RPB) Website
Torfaen County Borough Council
C/o Civic Centre
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details below:
Tel: 01495 762200
As set out in the Partnership Arrangements (Wales) Regulations 2015, local authorities and local health boards are required to establish Regional Partnership Boards (RPB) to manage and develop services to secure strategic planning and partnership working. The Gwent RPB operates across the 5 Local Authorities (Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Newport, and Monmouthshire) to ensure effective services, and care and support is in place to best meet the needs of their respective population. The RPB website provides an online area to the community to access information about the Gwent RPB, keep up to date with its work, take part in consultations and to make contact RE: questions and queries.
- Who provides your data to the Council?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you. In order to answer any questions or queries we will require your personal information and will pass this on to the relevant local authority and service area. If you have contacted us to provide views on any consultations, we will note your comments and feedback and may ask which area of Gwent you reside. We will not however use any of your personal information within our reporting.
- How does the Council collect this information:
• Electronic forms, online forms, and paper forms upon request (including surveys)
• Telephone calls
• Video calls
• Social Media
- What information does the Council collect about you?
The Gwent Regional Partnership Board collects:
• Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address
• Date of birth
• Any information contained within queries/responses provided by you
- Why does the Council process your personal data?
Under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
- Special categories of personal data:
We do not ask you to provide any special category or criminal data, however, this may be collected if you choose to include this in any communication with us e.g. Information relating to health.
- Who has access to your data?
Your data is shared internally only with the appropriate staff where it is necessary for the performance of their roles.
Your data may also be shared externally with organisations for the purposes of identifying a suitable person/s to respond to your questions or queries. These organisations are Data Controllers in their own right and how they process your information will be covered within their own Privacy Notices.
These may include, but not be limited to:
• Torfaen County Borough Council
• Caerphilly County Borough Council
• Monmouthshire County Council
• Newport City Council
• Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
• Care providers commissioned by Gwent local authorities.
• Third sector organisations that provide care and voluntary services
• Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Anonymised statistical information may be shared with Welsh Government to determine the success of a project however this will not identify an individual.
Apart from where previously stated, we do not pass your details to third parties unless we are lawfully required do so.
Is the Data transferred out of the UK?
- How does the Council keep your data secure?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed. Access to this data is restricted in accordance with the Council’s internal policies and in compliance with the UK GDPR.
Data will be stored securely in:
- Electronic storage in a secure network drive
Where the Council engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. These third parties are also under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to ensure the security of data.
- How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area. At the end of the retention period the Council will securely destroy or dispose of the data in line with retention schedules.
- Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of Rights you can exercise:
- Access - to obtain a copy of your data on request
- Rectification – to require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Object, Restrict or Delete - under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data portability – to receive and/or transmit data provided to the Council to other organisations (this applies in limited circumstances)
- Withdraw your consent at any time (where consent has been given)
- To know the consequences of failing to provide data to the Council
- To know the existence of any Automated Decision-making, including profiling, and the consequences of this for you.
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact: Gwent Regional Partnership Board at any of the following:
Regional Partnership Team, Torfaen County Borough Council, Civic Centre, Hanbury Road, Pontypool, NP4 6YB, 01495 761691
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office (Wales), 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH. Telephone 0330 414 6421 or e-mail Wales@ico.org.uk
- Gwent Regional Partnership Board Privacy Notice English.pdf
- Gwent Regional Partnership Board Privacy Notice Welsh.pdf