The 'The Greater Gwent Health, Social Care and Well-being Partnership Board is a key partnership body; established to lead and guide the implementation of the Social Services and Well Being (Wales) Act 2014 in the Greater Gwent area (covering the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly,
Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen), sitting within the footprint of the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board area.' These priorities and objectives are included within the Area Plan.
The long term priorities of the RPB are:
- To improve health and wellbeing outcomes and reduce inequalities in the region.
- To improve care, treatment and support, ensuring people have more say and greater control.
- To provide information and advice, to help people sustain good health & well-being.
- To provide co-ordinated, person centred care, treatment and support.
- To make more effective use of resources, skills and expertise.
- To align or integrate functions and resources, where integration adds value to citizens